Have you ever heard of a journal challenge? Journaling has so many different benefits and many counselors/therapists will encourage their clients to utilize a journal. Being an addictions counselor for over 25 years I have encouraged many people to start their healing process through the use of a journal. One of the issues that would arise is people often didn’t know where to start and would end up looking at a blank page. This is where journal prompts can help a person get started with the process of journaling.
What Are Journal Prompts?
Journal prompts are questions or statements that are designed to inspire you or offer you an idea of what to write about. They are a great way for you to start the journaling process. These self-awareness questions or statements are used as a guide when you are not sure what to write about. When used daily they help you develop the habit of journaling.
You will need a pen or pencil. I like using a variety of different colored pens and fine tip markers. You will also need a journal book — a notebook of any kind will also work. Lastly you will need a copy of the questions that you are going to be responding to.
June Journal Prompts
- What one goal do you hope to accomplish this month?
- I need to spend less time _______ and more time _______
- Who am I most thankful for?
- Is there only one soul mate for each person?
- Are you truthful with others? —— When you are angry with them? Why or why not?
- What is the one thing that you can’t live without?
- Are you living a meaningful life?
- What was your most memorable meal ever?
- Describe the perfect Saturday. What would you do? Where would you go?
- If you could work as an assistant to anyone for a year who would you choose?
- Describe the worst thing that could happen if people thought poorly of you?
- Which long lost childhood object would you most like to find?
- How do you respond when you are teased?
- Why are you worth knowing?
- Which is more important intelligence or common sense?
- List 20 things that make you smile.
- Write the words you need to hear today.
- What’s the last thing you cried about?
- Write about a time in your life when someone offered you love and support, but you were uncomfortable accepting it.
- A fact about yourself that you don’t often share.
- What feels like a struggle at the moment?
- If you got a tattoo today, what would you get and where would you put it?
- How can you feel more fulfilled in your life?
- Make a list of things you did as a child to earn love and acceptance.
- Go back to the list from yesterday and put a check mark next to the ones that you still do, or believe are true. Explain your reasoning.
- List the favorite parts of your appearance.
- What do you know to be true today that you didn’t know a year ago?
- Write a letter to someone that you always wanted to thank but never had the chance to do so. (You don’t have to give it if you don’t want to).
- Share three positive thoughts.
- What is something that you learned this month that you are grateful for?
An additional component to journaling that I encourage my clients to do is to end each journal entry with a statement of gratitude. I have been practicing this in my personal journal for over 25 years now and it has made a dramatic positive effect on my life. When I focus my thoughts on what it is that I am grateful for in my life I tend to live my life looking for things that I am grateful for. Even in my hardest days I have been able to find gratitude. It has been such a blessing for my physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health.
I want to encourage you to participate in this challenge. It doesn’t require a lot of time. Try and commit 5-10 minutes a day to reflect and respond to the questions being asked. There are no right or wrong answers. This exercise is for you and it never has to be shared with anyone – unless you choose to share it.
Additional Journal Plans
Here are more journal prompt plans:
Are you interested in learning more about enriching your mental health by the process of journaling?
Are you participating in this challenge? Do you regularly journal? What have you found as a benefit (s) to journaling in your own life? I would love to hear from you.
Be blessed 💞💞💞
Did you enjoy this post? If so, please share it with your friends on your social media 💞💞💞
2 thoughts on “Monthly Journal Challenge ~ June Journal Prompts”
Wow enjoyed this post! Loved this
Thank you. Blessings 💞